Website Changes
In this post, I will be documenting the changes I make to my website.
First thing I had to do was add another page for the new collection. I clicked on 'add menu item', and I added the 'troglodyte collection'.
After I created a new menu item, I clicked on 'add' and then 'strip' and inserted that strip. I copy pasted the 'read more' button from the top and linked it to the troglodyte page.
My tutor said that the transparent navigation bar did not work well with the website, therefore I changed it to solid black with white letters that become orange when you hover over them. I think this works much better.
Then, I changed the image on the strip and added one of the renders I created.
I added 6 grid galleries into the troglodyte page. The 5 would be used to showcase renders of the design and the large one was there fore the design boards.
I started uploading the renders in each and I added titles and description. The description included the view of the design and then the title was the name of the design with the year next to it. I repeated this process 4 times.
Since I do not have pictures of my paleolithic design yet, I left the first box like that. It will be replaced with the other lamp once I have good pictures of it. I will also insert the design boards once I finish them.
I added the renders in the correct order from paleolithic, mesolithic, neolithic, bronze and iron to make it look more cohesive.
This is an example of how the title and description looks when you click on it.
I inserted an 'Heading 4' title that said 'troglodyte collection' at the top of the page. I am now working on the design boards and the introduction to the page so I can include all of it.
After my tutorial with my tutor, he suggested that I change the about me page to first person instead of third. I thought this was a good idea to make it more personal. Additionally, I elaborated on why I want to create a company for elder and disabled people to give the viewers more context and link it to my own experience.
I will be updating this blog with the following steps.
Once I had my design boards ready, I added them onto the website too.
Clear post - looking at your website, there wasn't much that really needed changing, but on reflection this makes good sense.
ReplyDelete