Reflection of term 3

Unfortunately, this year has come to an end. I say unfortunately because this year truly helped me discover myself, distinguish what I like, understand what I don't like and need to work on, but most importantly, it helped me develop not only my skills but as a person too. 
I believe that the progress made is evident in my blogs and website. During the last two terms, my concept  was very similar. I created transformable furniture that I was familiar with. However, this term, I truly tried to push and educate myself.

My choice of topic is something I definitely do not regret. I thought of going back in time and educating myself on matters that I am very unfamiliar with in order to challenge myself. I found the research aspect somewhat draining the last terms as I was familiar with it. However, this term, I found the research extremely interesting. I got so drawn and invested into this theme and I wanted to find out as much as possible. I tried to include in-depth analysis and always try to contextualise it with my project to see how I can get inspired by it. 

For my 2D work, I am very pleased with it. I think that even the sketches were more polished and perfected than the previous term. This allowed me to see technical errors right from the beginning and focus on the aesthetics much more. However, next time, I will try to draw them out myself. Instead of sketching them on the ipad, I will try to challenge myself to draw them, as I find that more challenging.

Regarding references, I think I am now very confident and able to reference different styles. During the first term, I would reference very incorrectly. This was improved in the second term with some error, but now I feel confident and it has become second nature to me to reference anything. Even though it is not very necessary, I would go back and reference properly each picture. 

Due to time constraints, I decided to create 4 out of the 5 outcomes on sketchup. Even though one of my goals this term was to explore another software, I am glad I chose sketchup. I believe that if I chose another software, the outcome would be of less quality. Additionally, even though I am familiar with sketch up, this was the first time that I could explore more abstract shapes and patterns. Therefore, I am now even more confident to work on it.

This term, I believe that the development from initial ideas into polished outcomes is definitely the best one yet as it properly shows my train of thought. 
I think that all 4 outcomes are very unique and creative that reflect well on each era. 

For my 3D work, I decided to create a lamp out of clay. During the class tasks, I would mostly work with clay. I felt repetitive doing that, however, it made me much more familiar with clay which is why the outcome of the lamp design was successful.

I displayed everything on design boards. I feel like last terms design boards were quite impressive too, but these stand out to me the most. Everything is written clearly and there is much more space in between everything which makes it look less crowded. 

Having the opportunity to work on products and a theme I feel passionate about was really motivating and encouraging. 

During the summer, I am planning on doing more artist research to enhance my knowledge. Additionally, I also want to focus on enhancing my technical drawing skills and digital skills. I am planning on enrolling in online courses to learn how to work with Rhino and Fusion360 and I am also planning to work at a company that uses such softwares in order for me to have more friction with them before university.


Overall, I am very proud of the work and things I have accomplished the past year. I learned how to manage my time, document a process of designing, being patient, and enhanced a lot of skills. 

Comments

  1. This was a really good year for you, you have made some huge strides over the past 9 months and you should be really pleased with the work you made. I have been really impressed with your commitment to all of the tasks you have worked on, your engagement and your curiosity.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment