DESIGN NAMES

 Naming my designs is probably my favourite part of the process as I can be as creative I want. I wouldn't normally create a separate blog post for this but I like the names I came up with and I want to explain the origin of each. 


Paleolithic- I will be naming the lamp 'Venus of Willendorf' to reflect on the actual statue that they made.


Mesolithic- 'Tree of Light'. The word 'tree' reflects on the fact that the base of the lamp is a tree; however, the style of the lamp is also called a 'tree lamp'. Additionally, I wanted to link this with the 'tree of life' which represents personal development, uniqueness and beauty. The branches grow upwards to the sky to show the growth of the individual who strives for wisdom and new experiences. This title has a much deeper meaning that what you initially expect which is what I like about it.


Neolithic- 'Amphora'. Before diving into the meaning, I think the word 'amphora' alone evokes a sense of tranquillity and calmness as it sounds very soothing. Amphora is an ancient vessel in Greek pottery during the Neolithic era. I wanted to include this name to showcase the beauty hidden behind Greek history.


Bronze Age- 'Mastaba' was a type of Egyptian tomb which means 'house of stability' and 'house of eternity'. I like the meaning behind this word and that it is also linked with Egyptian history, just like the pyramids. 


Iron age- 'Aegis' is originated from the Greek word 'aigis'. Since my inspiration were shields, I decided to use this name which represents the shield associated with Zeus and Athina, offering physical protection. 


I am very pleased with the names and how the project is coming along. Now that I have everything needed for my design boards, it is finally time to create them. The deadline is approaching very quickly and I have to finalise my designs to ensure that they are up to a high standard. 

Comments