Blogging Feedback

During todays session, we were coupled up with another classmate in order to give each other feedback in order to help improve.

I was paired up with Petros. We both tried to present our ideas in a short amount of time so we can receive a bit of feedback.

The first thing I expressed is that I feel like I'm running out of time. I have to create 4 design boards and potentially a promotional video. Petros suggested that the promotional video could be perhaps as short as a tik-tok video which I already practiced. However, he also suggested that if I have no time, I could always create 5 design boards showcasing my outcomes. Petros didn't appear to be very concerned which was very helpful as he comforted me. 

He also commented on the designs. Particularly the first one. He mentioned that the first design looks very well made and was impressed by it. 

He was questioning the second design (tree design) as he could not understand the inspiration behind it, however, once I clarified it, he approved of the idea. 

He also asked me to explain the process of the design boards as he was quite unfamiliar with what I was trying to achieve. Once he grasped the concept, he mentioned that the promotional video could be unnecessary as he believes that the design boards showcase the overall design better. He added that a video would definitely need extra work or even an extra design board to add the dimensions, materials, description. After his thorough explanation, I will definitely consider this suggestion and possibly exclude the promotional video - or make it a very short one.


It was then my turn to give him feedback. He wanted my feedback to be more towards his website as he mentioned that he scored low on it. I gave him my opinion about some aspects that need enhancing, however, overall I found his work very detailed and well made. 

I enjoyed having this conversation with Petros as he managed to calm me down and give me some positive criticism. 



CHECK AND IMPROVE:

We were also assigned to add up a mark for our blogs to see how high we could score out of 100%.

This is what I got for the blog (I did not assess the website as I have not completed my design boards yet). 

Blog- 10/15 for research & contextual response as I believe that I could research more artists. 11/15 for ideas development as I think that I could produce more sketches. 8/10 for techniques and processes  as I think that I have variety of processes. 14/20 for the outcomes and 7/10 for the reflection.

Overall I scored myself 50/70.

I am definitely not satisfied with the mark I gave myself for the amount of effort put into this project. I always try and score higher than the previous term as it gives me satisfaction that I am improving. Last term I scored 63/70 which I was very satisfied with. This term, my prediction is 13 points lower than last terms. That is definitely not very encouraging but I am still going to try and perfect everything so I can be more pleased with my result. 


How to improve: My main objective is to always improve from the last term. It is obvious to me that the first term from the second term had a major difference in quality. Therefore, my aim this term is to create innovative and better design boards to showcase my work. In the next blog post, I will be researching some design boards for more inspiration.

Comments