THOUGHTS
After finalising my initial ideas, it was time to gather and collect my thoughts. In my initial ideas posts, I tried to explore different type of lamps in each post to see which one is more suitable. After finalising all 5 posts, it was time to allocate each era to a specific lamp. I decided to create a spiderdiagram for this.
For the Mesolithic era, I decided to create a floor lamp based on the agriculture, caves and the wood they used. Wood can be easily used to create intricate and detailed outcomes, and I am excited to explore it further.
For the Neolithic era I decided to look more into pottery and create a desk lamp which would represent the shapes, colours and patterns they incorporated in their own designs.
I decided that the paleolithic era will be a night bedside lamp inspired by statues. This was inspired by these two designs that I wish to develop in the next stages.
I will be exploring different shapes and sizes in my development stage to create a suitable night bedside lamp.
For the Bronze era, I want to create a ceiling lamp inspired by the Pyramids.
Lastly, I want to create a wall lamp combining the elements of the sun with the element of a shield.
Specifications:
I wanted to design a table with specifications again to keep in mind before moving on to the research and development stage.
Breaking down the process into individual steps will allow me to focus on what I need to do and ensure that I am headed in the right direction.
Conclusion: I consider the 'challenging' part of the process complete. I am finally relieved to be done with my initial ideas as I find it hard to pick out my specific elements of inspiration and the type of lamp that corresponds to each. I always find the developing process less challenging and more enjoyable as I have a rough idea of what I want for each lamp. I am glad I established everything and it is now time to finally develop my ideas so I can start the software and 3D making immediately.










Nit only are these well realised ideas, they are much more accessible - they are a good combination of practical and well directed to your project idea.
ReplyDelete