Research: Type of lamps
In my previous blog post, I decided that I was going to create a collection of 5 lamps. However, I specifically mentioned that I want each lamp to have different functions. In this blog post, I will briefly familiarise myself with the different types of lamps in order to start forming ideas for which types are most suitable.
In previous blog posts, I decided that I was going to be researching different eras. However, I want to complete this piece of research before looking at those eras in order to have in mind the different lamp type options I have. This will make me more aware and help me find the most suitable lamp for each era.
I found many images which are useful to familiarise myself with the different types. To my surprise, there are way more lamps than I ever imagined.
Conclusion: This was a very brief post to familiarise myself with different styles to look out for when researching.
In my primary research, the most popular was the night lamp.
I am planning on creating one night lamp, one desk lamp, one wall lamp, one floor lamp and one ceiling lamp. I want my collection to include various type of lamps in it. However, I am still unsure of the style each lamp will have and which lamp will correspond to each era. The objective of this blog post was to explore different style of lamps to be more aware of the different outcomes my designs can have.
In the next blog post, I will be analysing the most popular type of lamps and trying to see which ones I can utilise.






Comments
Post a Comment