Presentation: Student Talk

During todays session, we were assigned to present one of the research elements that we completed over the last few weeks in the form of a presentation. 

We were separated in breakout rooms and our peers gave us feedback. 

For my own presentation, I decided to research the Estonian Academy of arts as their outcomes really impacted my project. I wanted to go in detail about the designs, the inspiration behind them and how it is contextual to my project.

I decided to keep the power point pages relatively blank, only consisting of pictures in order to explain everything while going over it. I really liked this exercise as it helped me develop my speaking skills and gave me the opportunity to enlighten my peers about my project and the research behind it.
















These were the slides of the power point where I introduced them to the meaning of my theme. A brief explanation of what I will be designing. Following that I gave them a bit of background information about the academy, a quote by a person that run that course and some research on limestone which was the material they used.

Following that, I just added images and explained them in detail during the talk. 

One question raised was 'which design would I choose to add in my own house'. My mind immediately went to the angular chair and the table. As mentioned in the talk, these two designs stand out to me a lot as they find unconventional and innovative ways to solve solutions such as space. I think the shape of both are very memorable and stand out from the rest in the collection.

A concern raised was that limestone may not be suitable for my collection as limestone dust is toxic. I was not aware of this and I will definitely look into the properties of limestone at a later stage to see and critically analyse if this is a suitable material.

Comments

  1. What I heard of your presentation was customarily thorough and well directed. Interesting point at the end of this post - look at ways that you could potentially treat the limestone to make it more safe for use in the home.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment