Preparation: Tik-Tok

 During our class this week, we talked about tiktok. At the end of the session, we were assigned a brief to either research demographics of our potential target market or create a promotional video for our project using Tik-Tok. 

It is evident that over the last 3 terms we have all completed a lot of research. Therefore, I wanted to try out something new. Even though I have not started my 3D actual model, I decided that I was going to promote the idea behind my project. To elaborate, I want to create a fun and interactive video showcasing my 2D work and the 3D prototypes that we have also created during this week.

Before starting my Tik-Tok, I wanted to complete a very rough storyboard so that I have a basic idea of what do to in my Tik-Tok.

This is the storyboard:


Tik-Toks are usually seen from 15 seconds to 1 minute. However, it is important to note that a promotional video should be short in catchy in order to grab the users attention. A one minute video could be too long for someone to watch. Therefore, I am aiming for a 15 second video. 

The first scene will be me thinking of what to do. Then a dream bubble will be formed to show the user what my ideas consist of. I will have multiple images of cavemen flash quickly and then the camera will snap back to reality and form a lamp bulb over my head to show that I have an idea. I will then grab the ipad and start sketching. It will zoom into the ipad to form a transition and show the timelapse of me creating the idea. Then, i will zoom out the camera and show the piece in 3D as a prototype. Then, I will spin around it 360 degrees and finish the video with a black screen with a name on or possibly saying 'shop now at: ....'

I think I have a solid plan formed. The final outcome may vary drastically but I will try to keep it like this as I like the idea. 

Let's create!

Comments

  1. Good, looking forward to seeing your video. This sounds very ambitious in terms of the amount of shots and what you are trying to achieve in a short period of time.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment