This is the fourth blog post regarding initial ideas. This lamp will be inspired by the Bronze era. The major event of the Bronze era were the pyramids. I think the shape pyramid as an example is a great shape to use for the lamps.
However, I realised this after creating my initial ideas: I used silver as a colour instead of bronze which will be both the colour and my material. I HAVE to keep this in mind when developing it in order to create more accurate designs
For the first design, I decided to add multiple pyramids and create a dimension of different shades. I ended up really liking this outcome. I think it looks modern and the pyramid shape complements ceiling lamps a lot. I can experiment more with colours and the form of it in my development stage but I really like it so far.
I also tried to suspend all 3 triangles from one thread in order to create more triangles within the suspensions. I overall really like this and want to further develop it in my ideas.
Additionally, I like the thought of it being suspended from the ceiling because when you go directly underneath it and look upwards, there are squares formed. This shows how pyramids also include more shapes inside which makes it very modern and visually pleasing.
This is the lamp where I will focus on making it more modern and pleasing in order to attract more people.
This was a relatively simple design. I took the structure of the previous design and then made one lamp out of it. I do not really like how this looks. Even though it is exactly the same with the others. I do not like how simple it is. The other design has more of these shapes to complement one another.
This is another design I tried to experiment with. I tried creating hollow triangles as the lamp base. However, I immediately discarded this option as I realised that in my previous blogs, I had many examples of table lamps. Therefore, I decided to stick with ceiling lamps for this design as it is the most aesthetically pleasing.
I did not even like this design a lot so I thought that it would be better to stick to ceiling lamps.
The shape of this lamp was inspired by the second design in this blog. I used the pyramid shape and then inverted it so it can be faced upwards. I added a thick border layer and then added the same pyramid string suspended shape.
With this light, you achieve a more dimmed brightness as all the light will be emitted upwards. However, I really like the compressed pyramid shape in this design. It is not very elongated and it is very simple. The structure of it is similar to the second design, however, the fact that it is inverted and compressed makes it more unique and interesting than the other one. It stands out from the other one and looks more modern. This would definitely be my choice over the second design.
This design was inspired by very similar designs in the market. I wanted to create it as a form of inspiration, however, I realised that it already exists and it is too basic. Additionally, it does not have the defined pyramid shape I am seeking for in these designs. Therefore, I decided to eliminate it.
This design is my favourite one out of all. I created a triangle which shows layer of each inside the other. I also tried to create triangle designs with the suspended strings. I added a colour gradient to make it more minimalistic and modern. I overall really like this design and I think it is the modern and simplistic design that my target market was looking for.
In my primary research, I added a question to see what type of lamp the users want. Most people said simple and elegant. Therefore, in my research, I decided that this would be a simple and elegant lamp as the pyramids are naturally very detailed and delicate. I think I achieved what I wanted to and I will definitely look more into it in the development stage.
Conclusion:
As mentioned in the beginning, I was very off with the colour scheme in this blog post. It should have been bronze. However, I am planning to develop that in the development blog posts.
I really enjoyed playing with such a nice and minimalistic shape to see what I can create.
This blog made me realise that I definitely want to create a ceiling lamp for this design as I can play around with it a lot and have fun. I like the direction in which the first and last design are going and I cannot wait to develop them.
These work well. Nice development in terms of introducing another element into your overall set of designs.
ReplyDelete