FINAL DESIGNS
After a long and frustrating design process, my outcomes are finally ready.
PALEOLITHIC:
This design was my 3D piece which was made using clay:
This is probably my favourite outcome of the collection. I think it works well with the theme and I had the opportunity to create it myself. I really like the colour scheme and the selection of materials and colours. If I had more time, I would have made the lampshade myself too, but unfortunately it is a very complex and time consuming process.
I was planning on doing a promotional video, however, I am not sure if it will look good or if I have sufficient time to complete it. If I do not have enough ideas or time to complete it, then I will create one design board for it.
This was my design for the Mesolithic era:
This was one of the challenging designs on the software. However, I think it turned out rather successful. The outcome is a bit different from the one portrayed in the development ideas, however, the concept remains the same. In the development idea, the base of the design had a hollow loop which created some technical issue. It was concerning to me that it may break or tilt as it is quite tall, therefore, I decided to eliminate the loop and make it solid.
Neolithic era:
This design was by far the most challenging and frustrating one. Getting the texture onto the structure was very time consuming. Once again, it differs slightly from the development idea as the shape is a bit less curvy. Additionally, I tried simplifying the pattern to make it less complex.
I ended up really liking the outcome, specifically the colour and transparent shapes.
This collection is all about maintaining the natural texture and colour of the materials. However, this design is painted with a pattern that I decided to create in order to increase variety and make the collection more attractive.
Bronze age:
This is my second favourite design after the paleolithic one. I think that the shape and colours work very well together. When designing, I always ask myself 'would you buy this?'. And the answer here is definitely yes. I like the innovative way of reflecting the light and the overall composition of it.
Iron Age:
This was the last design I created. Similarly to the other ones, I changed some aspects of the design as they did not look as good as I first anticipated. However, I am very happy with the effort put into all designs and I think that they represent my project well. I developed various software skills during this process so I am very proud of the outcomes.
Specifications:
I wanted to review my specifications now in order to make any further changes before rendering my designs.
As seen, all specifications are green, meaning that my designs tick all of the criteria I wanted to meet. This is definitely very positive and encouraging.
In the next blogs, I will start the preparation for my design boards (orthographic views, renderings and exploded views). I will also brainstorm names for these designs before adding them to my website.

Comments
Post a Comment