Development: feedback
In this blog post, I will add all the final designs and add some third party feedback to see if I can improve anything else before creating these designs on software.
STATUE LAMP- PALEOLITHIC
This will be the night bedside lamp.
I believe that this will be my 3D piece as I consider this really difficult to make on software. However, I will consider this carefully in a later stage.
TREE LAMP- MESOLITHIC
This will be the floor lamp.
POTTERY LAMP- NEOLITHIC
This will be the desk lamp.
PYRAMID LAMP- BRONZE AGE
Inspired by the pyramids.
SHIELD AND SUN LAMP- IRON AGE
Inspired by the tools they used and the sun.
Feedback is important to make sure that you are on the right track when designing and ensure that the user is attracted to them. They may point out flaws or imperfections that the designer did not notice which will help improve designs before the software process.
Feedback:
Person #1: I really like these designs. I think each one is very powerful and the research behind each one was well thought out and directed. I specifically like the ceiling lamp as it is the most -in my opinion- well thought out. I would have never thought of using the pyramids as a primary source of inspiration.
Person #2: I think that the most important aspect in this collection is that every lamp is inspired by different advancements in each era, showing evolution. The first 3 designs even look more archaic but the last 2 designs are more modern. You also used their aesthetic to showcase the evolution which is a very clever way of modifying and adapting your products.
Additionally, I think that choosing to create a collection of 5 variations of 1 product was a very successful idea as you managed to create products for different functions and aesthetics, satisfying more user needs.
Person #3: What stands out to me in this collection are the aesthetics of the designs. Each lamp can be placed in different room aesthetics which increases the targeted audience. I truly believe that every single person can find at least 1 lamp (or more) which they like that fits their room aesthetic.
Person #4: Just like the previous terms project, I had my doubts. I truly felt that each lamp would be very similar as I was not aware of the history of each era. However, you properly researched and filter everything to ensure that you use a unique inspiration element in each design. This is something I admire a lot because it is evident in your designs that each one differs from the other. Especially the paleolithic, mesolithic and neolithic era that are classified and grouped together as 'Stone age', I was expecting the results to be very similar. I am very pleasantly surprised.
Person #5: I would definitely purchase all of these lamps. What stands out to me in your collection is the diversity and variation you used. You explored different shapes, materials, patterns, sizes, functions, colour schemes and inspirations to create TRULY unique outcomes. I absolutely loooove this collection.





Comments
Post a Comment