Software Process: Bronze Age
After looking at the first lamp I designed, it was time to design the bronze one.
This was the process:
I decided to start with the top layer measuring 80x80cm. I used the line tool and drew my design.
I used the push/pull tool to make it 3D. Then, I drew some vertical lines from each edge so I can have a guide for the next layer.
I had to calculate the vertical distance in which I wanted the second triangle (60x60cm) to be placed at so I did Pythagoras Theorem.
I used Pythagoras for all the distances and this is how the base structure turned out. The third layer is 40x40cm and the last is 20x20cm. I used the ruler tool every once in a while to ensure that the dimensions are correct.
What I consider magical in this design is how it looks when viewed from exactly underneath. I really love the aesthetics of this lamp.
Then, I used the line tool to connect all the corners together.
Since I could not find these specific corner brackets in the warehouse, I made them using the rectangular tool and push/pull. I added 4 screws in each bracket from the warehouse.
Then, I added some spotlight designs from the warehouse.
I used the bucket tool to add the bronze colour. I decided to add it only on the sides as it made the design more modern and interesting.
Then, it was time to add the triangles in each side. I was thinking about leaving the design as it was in the previous step, however, I feel like these triangles really transformed it.
However, this was the view from below. I did not like the white layers so I decided to change it.
Therefore, I decided to colour the top layers too as it did not look nice.
Then, I used the bucket tool and chose the glass material to make it translucent. I think this turned out great. It took me a very long time to create (and a lot more patience), however, I think it was worth the effort.
This is probably my favourite design out of all the designs.
I like how my design evolved and I am very happy with the outcomes so far. The next blog will be the mesolithic and neolithic era.
Comments
Post a Comment