Research: Milanote

We were introduced to the concept of milanote during the first semester in digital arts. I found it very useful as I am a visual learner. It helps me collectively organise all my ideas into one page in order to start generating outcomes.


I finally found the direction in which I want to head in which is Cavemen/ Flintstones. 
After jotting down some ideas, it was time for me to research a few images and collect them all together to see what my potential outcomes could look like.

This is my milanote:


As seen from the milanote, I added elements that interest me when it comes to designing. These include chairs, tables, bed, bench and light. 
One of my ideas in the previous blog was to create products that could be placed outside in order to indirectly link everything with nature. The other idea was to create baby furniture, hence the image of pebbles.

I am still not aware of what I will be designing so I will not be mentioning any products until I complete further research. I want to fully research and see what is most suitable for this project. I want the products themselves to be reminiscent of those times and everything to be related to one another. 

I added catch phrases on my milanote such as 'simple shapes' 'light' 'fingerprints' 'sharp tools' 'nature' 'bones' 'animals' 'bulky' in order to start making links and connect everything. 

Further to that, I added an image of the Flintstones and a picture showing some cavemen lighting a fire and cave paintings to see how I can get inspiration from those elements for my products. 

I want the colour scheme and materials to be also linked with this era.



Conclusion: The sign off is approaching fast, therefore, I am glad that I finally started to map out and picture what kind of elements and products I want to focus on this term. Deciding on a topic can be very overwheling. However, using this milanote made me certain that this theme interests me a lot. In the next blog posts, I will start researching a bit about cavemen.

Comments