Website: Portfolio page

During last term, I did not include any strips on my portfolio page, I only had the design boards openly displayed. However, this term, I will have a second project uploaded onto the website. Therefore, I have to create a gallery to display both of my projects. 

This was the first strip that I thought of including. I clicked on 'add' and then chose the first strip which has a description and a title right next to it. I added this in class as we started everything on Monday.
However, I started my research on the display of my portfolio, and I ended up choosing a more image font which did not include any descriptions.

Therefore, this was the second strip I added. The first thing to do before forgetting was to make sure that the buttons work. I clicked on the button, then clicked on 'change text' and then added the corresponding link to the page that I wanted to it to proceed. One of the two would take the user to my last terms project and the other one would take them to the project I have been working on this term.

My colour scheme has shifted to grey and orange tones so I had to change the colours to fit this. 

I changed the background and made it relevant to my project. Therefore, I inserted a picture of one of the renders of my previous terms project. 

For the button, I customised it into a grey and orange colour scheme and made sure to also change the hover option to the same colours.
I used 'add' and inserted some rectangles for the titles to be more clearly displayed.
However, I did not like the finish outcome as they did not have any gap between the two projects.
Therefore, I decided to change strips into something more desired.

I used these strips on my portfolio instead as they have a major heading and some spacing in between them.

I edited the 'our services' to 'projects' and I really like this font as it is very professional.
I edited in the same picture and then added the rectangle for the heading using the same method as above. 

I made the rectangle slightly transparent which makes the design overall more minimalistic, simple and improved. 
I have not added any titles yet as I want to think of something creative and fun. 
In the second blank box, I will be adding this terms work once it is done.
I really like how it is looking so far and I think that it fits the theme. I am so glad that I made these changes as I like my website so much more now. 

I will blog about the titles, descriptions and inserting my project into the portfolio at a later stage. The website is still a work in progress but I like how it is looking so far. 

Comments

  1. As in my last comment, I think this is much better, much clearer and easier to navigate.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment