Making: Part 4

 After completing all my designs, it was time to focus on the texture and aesthetics of it.

The De Stijl pattern will be displayed on both sides of the cupboard. 
I did form the desired pattern in my initial ideas digitally so I used that guide to form a similar one. I completed all the pattern using rectangular tool. This tool allows me to later on colour it all in without any problems as it groups the components.
Once I finished the desired pattern, I had to copy and paste it on the other designs of my table and on the opposite side. 
I used the copy button and selected the texture. I pasted a copy of the design right next to it in order to be able to duplicate my design.

I used the paste button and then the 'move' to adjust the pattern to all 3 of my designs.

Then, I used the rotate tool in order to rotate it 180 degrees in order to paste it on the opposite side of the table. I used the same copy and paste technique to do so.
Once I pasted it on all designs, my cupboard was ready to be coloured in.

However, I still had my chair to edit. 
For my chair and stool, I decided that I would add the pattern on the front layer. I drew a 55x41.5 cm rectangle using the 'rectangle' tool. I used the texture I created digitally as a guide and decided to insert a few more rectangles to make it more busy and interesting. 
Instead of adding my texture directly onto the products like I did with the cupboard, I decided to create it on the side and then copy and paste it. This was more effective as it was easier to copy. With the cupboard, when I copied the design, I accidentally also copied some screws and planar surfaces which was frustrating as I had to delete things.
However, this method was more effective. 
I added my texture on both products.

Conclusion: I am really happy with how these are turning out. The next step is the most exciting one which will transform the designs completely. The next blog will be dedicated to the addition of colour. SketchUp is really easy and convenient to use which helps me enjoy the process more. 

Comments