Design Boards: Sketches
In my design boards, I decided that I want to include some sketches in the layout to show the development of my project. However, I do not like the existing sketches that I have. I want them to look more cohesive in order to be similar to thumbnail pictures.


In my research, I analysed one design board which particularly stood out to me.
I really liked the layout of the sketches next to the render. It looks cohesive and shows the effort and process before reaching that final outcome. I wanted to recreate rough and small images of my existing initial ideas.
I wanted to make them rough on purpose in order to showcase the contrast between the rough outlines of sketches in comparison to the clean lines of the renderings. It shows the trust that a designer should put in the process of designing.
Process:
I used an app called procreate and selected the 'blotch' type of line for my thumbnail images. This made them look even more like rough sketches and contributed to the overall image.
Since the layout of my design boards will be vertical, I created the images in a vertical layout, similarly to the figure shown above.
This was the process:
I wanted to showcase the development and the thought process behind my designs and the evolution of this project. I think it is well executed. This shows how many drafts occurred before I reached my final designs.
These are the final outcomes:


I really like them. I will be cropping the images and changing the layout to ensure that it works well with my design boards.
Conclusion: I need to hurry up in order to complete exploded, renders and mock ups finalised until tomorrow in order to complete my design boards until Sunday. I like how these sketches turned out and I think that they will look great on the website.
I chose that type of line as it is the same one I used for the desk design on the home page of the website. By doing that, I also thought of testing out these thumbnail images on my website to see if I can include them in the home page too.

Good so far - make sure the text you include is comprehensive and provides the information regarding your designs/products that we have discussed during the term (materials/target market etc).
ReplyDeleteDon't forget to get some sleep.