Design Boards: Orthographic drawings
In my design boards, I am planning on including orthographic drawings. Therefore, I wanted to start with creating my orthographic drawings as it is one of the simplest to design.
The first step was to remove the axes in my grid to ensure that it is not visible in the orthographic drawings. I clicked on the axes button and removed them.
The next step was to ensure that my views are in parallel and not perspective projection. Perspective projection has a lot of dimension. Parallel ensures that the excess depth and dimension will be removed in order to have a more 2D finish.
The next step was to copy the product. I copied it on top of the existing product and rotated it 90 degrees along the green axis.
Then, I copied it on the left of the product and rotated it 90 degrees along the blue axis.
Then, I changed the perspective into 'front' view in order to create my last perspective.
I copy and pasted the last product and then rotated it from the top 30 degrees on the red axis to the left. Then, I used a standard right view to rotate it another 30 degrees downwards.
I changed the layout into wireframe and made it a front view in order to be more 3D and then added measurements desired.
I repeated the same process for all the products.
These were the final results for all the designs. I will be cropping the pictures for my design boards.
The chair and the stairs.
The shelves for the cupboard.
The stool for the chair.
The cupboard unfolded into a table.
This was another perspective of the cupboard without the desk unfolded.
Conclusion: I am really glad that I started working on my different perspectives. This took a longer time than what I was anticipating. However, I am happy with the results and I think that it will look great on the design boards.





I agree, this is excellent work and looks really exciting! Looking forward to seeing the completed design boards.
ReplyDelete