During our class today, we were assigned to create an action plan that consisted of 5 steps for the upcoming weeks until the submission deadline.
I wanted to be as specific as possible to plan out my time correctly as it would be very beneficial to have a guide. This will allow me to see if I stay on track with the tasks I have to complete. The last few weeks are crucial as we have to ensure that we perfect our projects as much as possible.
We used a website called visme to create this as they offered multiple layouts and designs for free: https://www.visme.co/?ref=vismeluv
The first step was to choose a layout. We clicked on 'infographics' and each one had to choose their desired layout. This can be slightly overwhelming as they have multiple layouts for you to choose from. However, there was one that stood out to me.
The first one stood out to me a lot. I really like how they displayed the timeline as it looks very modern and elegant. I like the vertical line and I like how they descriptions are displayed on both sides of the line. Additionally, I like the icons and how they are used for the text. I felt like the shapes on the second one looked too bulky so I chose the first one.

It was time to customise my layout. First step was to remove the COVID-19 headlines and background. I decided to add a picture of my products with colour in order to further showcase what my products look like for the viewer. I added the title 'Purple Haze Project Action plan' as I wanted to include the main theme of my designs which is purple haze. I added a subtitle saying '5 ACTIONS' to show that I will be explaining 5 actions that I have to take for my project. I changed the colour to match my purple theme and then proceeded to add the 5 actions. I tried to include as much detail as possible.
The 5 actions include:
-software designs: have all 6 products ready by the end of week 7. This will allow some time for me to fix things if something goes wrong. Additionally, I will also have a lot of work for my design boards so I have to finish this as early as possible.
- Research on some more materials for the cushions, research on processes and design boards too to make sure that my design boards are professional and have enough information.
-By the end of week 8, I want to have completed design boards. Last term, I created 3 design board, however, I only had one product. I added 6-10 design boards as I am not sure how many I will produce, this depends on the research.
-Website. I was not completely happy with the layout of my website. Therefore, I want to go back and check to fix things and make sure that everything works.
-Submission. Check for my deadlines and make sure that I improve things. Download my mark scheme and make sure that I have everything completed.
I used the 'graphics' button to add images that are similar to what I was describing in the text. The fourth icon does not match the theme a lot as it is not an outlined icon. However, I still like it and I think it matches the layout. Additionally, each title of the 5 plans has a different shade of purple which creates a gradient effect.
I like how this turned out and I feel like it reflects my purple project and provides the viewer with sufficient information about my planning.
Was it beneficial? Did it help me? Definitely! This was a much needed task which helped me organise all my tasks and group them into categories. With the amount of workload we have, a reliable and measurable action plan is vital. We need to ensure that we always organised and have a proper plan to ensure maximum success.
This is a link for my action plan: https://my.visme.co/view/vdkqm94p-purple-haze-project
In my tutorial with my tutor, we wrote down a lot of things that I have to complete till the deadline. This is the link for the document: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-Oko-wPI9RcXrAPcfKKdTs_6rUtxKctOw8rxSUwnS1U/edit
Very good action plan - specific and measurable and well aimed at completing your project.
ReplyDelete