2D version with acrylics

 During my tutorial with my tutor, we agreed that it would be a good idea to draw my pieces in order to enhance my drawing skills and make sure that I explore more variety in my outcomes. I have rough sketches digitally on software, 2D pieces, rough testing cardboard and complete digital software outcomes which will include renderings, exploded views and orthographic drawings.

I am really glad that I decided to complete a 2D view as it will ensure that I have a cohesive project which showcases that I explored many materials and outcomes.

I was inspired to create a 2D piece by my art portfolio project 'colour theory'. Before creating my final outcome in 3D, I decided to create a 2D piece that would act as a guide. This looked better in my portfolio and ensured that I put in effort and time to completing a project with different perspectives using different processes.

Additionally, the 3D prototypes I created were very rough and did not give me a great idea of the final outcome. I tested some mechanisms on it but I did not fully see the vision and potential of my outcomes.


I decided to add the chair facing the back in order to show the steps too. I also made sure to add the shelves on the wall in a specific pattern to showcase how they can be placed when removed from inside the cupboard. I used acrylics to design this and I tried to replicate the exact shades of the colours that will be used. 
I think that this was useful as it made me focus on a hand drawn approach in order to enhance my drawing skills. Enhancing my drawing skills was one of my main goals this term so I am glad I completed this. I think it looks good and I think that it will also be a great addition to my design board which I will create next week. 

This is once again a short blog post as it was a short exercise for me to complete. I had fun doing it and looking at different processes that I could add to my project in order to create variety. 

Comments