Website: Portfolio Page

My design boards were now finalised and it was time to place them into my portfolio page.

I started by choosing the design of the gallery that I wanted to include. I clicked on gallery and then clicked on slider galleries as I wanted to display one board at a time. I chose this one as it is a landscape design and it is very aesthetically pleasing. I had to replace the existing images with my own ones. I had trouble uploading my images as they were in a PDF file. However, I managed to change them to PDF and upload them. Thankfully, the quality was not ruined and the size of the gallery fit my images perfectly. No text was cut out and everything was perfectly seen which I feel like adds a lot to the page layout. The other layouts I tried ended up cropping parts of the board out which did not look nice. I clicked on 'change image' and added my three design boards in the slide. I kept the background white to maintain the minimalistic theme throughout and make the design boards the focus of the page.

However, after receiving some feedback from my tutor, I decided to add more to the description of the page. I had to add a small paragraph on what my product is in order to introduce the viewer and make sure that they know what the product is about. This really helped me develop and improve this page as it looked more complete and provided the viewers with an introduction of what the boards are about. 

 I added a 'multi-purpose desk' heading with a very brief description of my project. The design boards have a lot of information about my project so I wanted to keep the heading very simple and precise. It was unnecessary to write more than that as I included everything in my design boards, therefore, it would be very repetitive if I added more. I also noticed that the portfolio page title with the design board titles were not the same as one was 'multi-purpose desk' and the other one was 'multi-purpose table'. I went back and changed them to 'multi-purpose table' to make it look more cohesive.

I also added two orange stripes on the side of the page to break up the monotony of white. This makes it look more colourful and vibrant, making the website neater.

I also edited the phone view of the design by adjusting the sizes and the layout to fit the screen. I really like the phone view and I think that it is very simple. It has the necessary amount of colour and it looks very aesthetically pleasing. I am very satisfied with my portfolio page.


The next step was to change the title of my design boards. One thing I noticed was that the title of each board was very confusing and random so I had to change it and make it more personal and related to my project. I clicked on 'settings' and then edited the titles of each one individually. 
I named them 'Multi-purpose table design board', 'Multi-purpose table design board 2', 'Multi-purpose table design board 3'. The numbers were appropriate in my opinion as the order of them needs to flow. They were numbered like that to have a better flow and for the viewer to not get confused.
Additionally, made sure that the slider gallery would change image every 3 seconds to make sure that the viewer sees all my boards. They can click on it and enlarge it to make sure that they look at the information more clearly. 

I also added a brief description of each board under it to make sure that the viewer knows what it is related to. This can be very helpful to the viewer as it makes them understand and link my word together. 
I made the titles bigger font size than the descriptions and highlighted my key words in bold and orange colour to make them stand out. I realise that some parts like the last board consists of a lot of text, therefore, adding this feature helped viewers grasp the important parts in each sentence without reading everything. 

My portfolio page was now ready. I am very satisfied with how it turned out. The gallery works well with my theme and the layout and colours are consistent throughout. 




Comments