Website: Feedback Form

During our class, we were assigned to create a contact form so people could give us feedback on how to further improve our website. I created my form using a google form and added it to my website for people to access it.

The first question I wanted to ask is if my progression route is evident in my website design. This was a very important question as I want my viewers to clearly tell what the website is for. To my surprise, everyone said that my  progression route was clearly displayed.

The next question was about the colour combination of the website. Although the majority of the people said that it works well, one of them suggested to add more colours. I was not completely happy with the colour combination in my own design, therefore, I decided to look at more colours.

The next question was about the text on the about me page. The majority of the people agreed that there was sufficient information on the 'about me' page which I agree with. One person suggested to add more. However, I want to keep my text as short and to the point as possible in order to avoid big chunks of text. I can think of a few more things to add but I am satisfied with the amount of text included.

This question was very important as I received comments by my tutors also saying that images would help improve my website. Two out of five people suggested that there are some sections that need more visual aids included. The other two suggested that it was not necessary, while the last person said that there should be more as they are very important. I agree that visual aids are a very important factor in a website and I will definitely try and include as many as possible to make it more aesthetically pleasing. 

The next question was about the navigation of my website. All of them agreed that it was easy to navigate and access all areas of the website. I do agree with this as I wanted to make my website really easy to follow so people would not be confused. I am glad that I managed to successfully complete this.

Regarding the home page, three out of five people suggest that it needs improving, while the other two suggest that it is very good. I agree with the three people that suggest that it needs improving as I am not satisfied with it. I will be improving my design over the next few days to ensure that it represents both me and my progression route. 

The multiple choice questions were over and now it was time for the short and long sentence questions. The first one was about the device they were testing this from. I am planning on dedicating a blog post to fix my phone layout to ensure that it looks nice and tidy.
I received good feedback on this question which will help me improve the overall design. People commented on the colours as they did not match my website and on the required fields that you need to complete in the form. I will keep this in mind when making changes to my website. 
The last question was about the design and layout. Once again, the feedback received was very helpful. I will try and make my design more interesting by adding pictures, trying out different colours and fixing some details that will contribute to a better website design.

I am really glad that I did this feedback form as it gave me insights on how to improve my work and what I need to do. In the next blog post, I will be making the necessary changes. 

Comments

  1. Good work and consideration of the feedback and comments and the improvements you could make - well done

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment