Website: Changes

 After viewing the answers from my feedback form, there was a lot of improvement to do for my website. I really like that the people gave me constructive criticism which will help me improve my website. 



The first thing I decided to include was images. Images would completely transform my website and make it even more personal to me. In the 'about me' page', I decided to draw and include a canvas. The canvas represents life and each individual decides how they want to paint theirs. I wanted to keep the simplistic theme throughout, therefore I decided that my drawings would not have colour and would be of a thin line as a means of not taking away the focus from the text.
For the contact me page, I was advised that images would add a lot to the overall finish, therefore, I decided to include a person holding a phone and emails with question marks on top of it. I want my images to be directly related to the section the person is on so just by looking at my drawings they would understand that this is the contact page. I really like how they turned out and I do feel like it complements the website design. 



For the images on the 'about me' page, I was advised that they should enlarge once the viewers clicks on it which was a really good idea. I clicked on the settings of the images and chanced it so it can magnify when clicked on. I also changed the names of the images and briefly described what they are. 








The first thing I removed was the 'login' button from my heading as it seemed to confuse the viewers from my feedback form.  
I also completely changed the colours of my website as I was not satisfied before. The purple looked odd with the grey colour. Inspired by my website research on Marc Newson, I decided to add the orange colour. Orange is a very unique, eye catching and exciting colour which I wanted to implement in my own design. Adding orange made the website more fun and exciting.
For the 'home page', I decided to add the orange on the left part instead of the right to make it look connected to the about me page. I really like how good the white looks next to the orange. 
For the 'about me' page, the comment I got said that there was a spelling mistake. I went back and corrected it as I was missing a 'she' in my sentence. 
The contact me page had the most changes done to it. I feel like the marble background was really dull and uninteresting so I decided to replace it with white. I changed the lavender colour to orange and also added some orange stripes in the sides for more detail. I really liked how this turned out and I like how simplistic it is by adding a minimalistic white and contrasting it with a bright orange.
One of the comments left in my feedback for was that the horizontal header layer was overlapping with the content which was confusing, therefore, I made the colour inside the header solid to ensure that it is clearly visible at all times.


The next step was to change the contact form. One of the comments on the feedback form was that the only required field in my previous design was the email. This did not make any sense, so I also changed the first and last name, as well as the message to be required fields for people to fill in.



I wanted to make the image on the home page more personal to me and more colourful. I decided to take pictures of my own work. 
In my image, I included the orthographic drawings of the table and some sketches for my design boards. I also included research I did on Marc Newson as he was the inspiration behind my table and the website layout. On the top right corner I added orange watercolour to maintain the theme of my website. I tried adding orange elements like the sticky notes to make it look more organised and represent the website well. I really like how this turned out. I like that the shadows formed contribute to the overall image. I like how vibrant it is and that it displays my own work. It looks really nice on the website and I am very satisfied with the end result.
I feel like the grey image did not match the website so adding this colourful image really upgraded it.

Comments

  1. Very good work here - well done - website is clean and easy to use

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment