Final Project: Renders, Technical drawings and exploded views

 After finalising my own design, it was time to render my product from different perspectives in order to start the process of my design boards.

The rendering process was the most time-consuming and frustrating as I could not find a free rendering software that works well with sketchup. I ended up using Irender_nXt. 


The first obstacle I encountered was that when I placed my white design in front of a white background, it looked grey. This would give the viewer the wrong impression of the correct colour of my design. Therefore, I had to switch the background colour to grey in order to create greater contrast.

I created many renders as a means of having a lot to choose from in my design boards with many perspectives. 

These were my final renders:

 










Although I think that the renders could be improved and better quality, I am satisfied with them. Time constraints was definitely an issue with my project as I did not have sufficient time to complete everything well. However, I explored various views of the design and showcased it when it is folded, unfolded and mid-way to ensure that the client knows how it operates. I am satisfied with the results and I feel like the grey background did a good job as it creates contrast and it matches with my white, orange and grey theme.
I also added one view in a room so it can be easier to visualise how it will exist within a space. However, I don't like how it turned out so I might not include it in the design boards.

In my design boards, I will also include exploded views of the design to showcase each component and material better.

One major issue I encountered in the process of exploding my product was that I did not group my surfaces together. This made it extremely difficult and time consuming as I had to select one surface at a time and start grouping together. After selecting them, I right-clicked on my mouse and chose 'make group'. After that, I used the 'move' tool to separate one surface from another.  

These were my final renders:







I decided to take various angles of my design to have many option to include in my design boards. I only exploded this view and not the one where the table is folded as this gives a more clear image to the viewer of all the surfaces and components. I am happy with how this turned out and I really enjoyed creating it. 

Orthographic drawings will also be included to show the 2D version of the product from various sides.


The first step in my design was to go to 'view' and remove the axes so I can start working on the orthographic views. Then, I clicked on 'camera' and changed my view from perspective to parallel projection. This was a very important step as parallel projection removes the excess depth and helps you flatten then shape of your design so you can be able to create the orthographic views. 



I wanted to add 4 different perspectives. The first one was a front perspective. Then, I copy and pasted it and used the 'rotate' tool to form the side perspective and the bottom perspective by rotating them at 90 degrees angle. For the last perspective, I rotated my design 30 degrees along the blue axis and 30 degrees along the red axis to produce a more 3D version of it. I used the 'move' tool to align everything together and make it look neat. 

After I had my designs ready, I used the effect 'wireframe' in order to reveal all the sides and make it more of a sketch.
Lastly, I used the 'dimensions' tool and added the appropriate dimensions to the necessary sides. My design has only a few dimensions that are repeated throughout, therefore, I didn't have to include many. This helped my design as it did not make it look cramped or unorganised. 

These was the final orthographic drawing:

 
I also created one more orthographic drawing for when the desk is folded. 

I am really happy with how this turned out, I feel like I explored all the appropriate views of my design and added dimensions which are very helpful. This is now ready to be added to my design board.

I will also include sketches in my design. I will not include many sketches as I feel like they can be seen as quite unprofessional. I will redo some sketches accurately as the ones I have on my blog are very rough.

These were my final sketches.

I am very happy with how the sketches turned out. I feel like they will look nice in the design boards as they are accurately sketches out with a ruler and they look professional. They will match the layout and provide the viewer with the idea of how I wanted my design to look like. 

I will start adding all images to my design boards. 

Comments