Final project: Outcome

 Before reflecting on my blog and website, I thought it was appropriate to include on more blog post with my thoughts on my design table.



I am extremely happy with the end result. I brought my exact vision to life and I could not be prouder of the product I created. The designing on the software was not as complicated as I thought it would be, but I am mostly proud of the research I did to back up my work. I tried to break down all aspects of my design and create blog posts on all of them. I tried to look at different products in the market and get inspired by them. I also asked some of my friends for feedback which helped improve my design.

I really like how minimalistic, simple yet very effective this design turned out to be. I managed to find suitable components that would keep the price of the product low for students to be able to afford it. I like the shelves on the sides as it makes it look more aesthetically pleasing and takes away the ‘electrical box’ illusion that some of the people in my feedback mentioned.

It also has adjustable shelves and height which makes it stand out. Many people struggle finding the perfect height for their desk. This can cause many posture problems which can damage one’s body permanently. Therefore, adjusting the desk to your own height will be very beneficial especially for university students. University students tend to have a lot of studying so they inevitably spend hours on the desk. If they don’t have the right posture it can be very damaging in the long term. This feature of the table will ensure that they have a better posture.

The table does consist of many hinges, screws and corners. This is only to ensure maximum safety around the user and make sure that it will be stable enough. If it falls it might break and then users will be forced to buy other desks when they might not be able to afford it. Additionally, if it falls it can be a major safety hazard as it will also have items stored inside and it will be heavy. I had the option of adding only 2 corner brackets to secure it on the wall, but I chose to add 4 to make it even more stable and decrease significantly the very slim chances of the desk not being able to withstand the weight.

The components used were very carefully considered to make this as appropriate and cost effective as possible. 

I like the colour of it and the rectangular shape as it helps increase my target market by making sure that it can fit in any room aesthetic.

I am very pleased with the end result and as seen from my blog on specifications, it meets all the requirements and fits my target market well.

Comments