Final Project: Making part 3

 In the previous blog post, I started adding my components. I will continue adding my components and finalising my design in this blog post.

One of the major obstacles I encountered was finding a suitable pneumatic hinge from the warehouse. At this stage, I could not create my own one as it has many mechanical parts that I am unable to create. My tutor advised me to photoshop it on, however, I found similar ones that I could use at the end.


These were the two different hinges I could find. The second image shows a hinge implemented in finished design. I decided to choose the second one as it had a better base to secure onto my desk. I had to 'explode' the existing design and delete everything around it to be left with the hinges only. 


Once I had my hinges, I used 'rotate' and 'scale' to adjust it to the correct size and then used 'moved' to place it onto my horizontal and vertical planar surfaces. I really like how this was looking so far. However, this made me realise that I had to removed the last 3 holes from the dividers as the hinge was in the way. This would not allow the shelves to move lower than a specific height but it was inevitable as the hinge was in the way.
I used the same method for the other side of the desk and added one more hinge. 
It was time to secure all the remaining parts with my screws. I used a specific section in my design to create the 4 different rotations of the screws that I will need using the 'rotate' tool. This way, I could copy any necessary screw and paste it in the desired position.






As seen in the pictures, I added all the remaining screws in order to assemble everything together. 

This was the final design created. 

In the next blog posts, I will explore renders, orthographic and exploded views. I will also add third party feedback, review of the final design and my own opinion.
I will also research the different ways that I can present this on my own design boards. 

Comments

Post a Comment