Final Project: Design Boards
The first step was to find a suitable layout for my design.
I opened a new A4 slide on Photoshop and started creating layouts. The layout in the picture above was really odd as it didn't fit with my design. I wanted the background to be white in order to keep everything minimalistic and simple so the text can stand out. I wanted a touch of the orange colour as it is the colour used in my website. In my website, I have multiple squares and frames, so I decided to add an orange frame around the page to maintain the same colour scheme and theme.
DESIGN BOARD #1:
I added the 'multi-purpose table' title, the subtitle of the page 'project summary' and a brief description of my product. I added my target market, problem and solution to give the client a better idea of what I'm trying to achieve and how. I added the technical drawings and the sketches and also added general measurements. In the next page, I explored the measurements in more detail, however, I added a general outline in this slide in order to link it with the technical drawings that displayed dimensions.
At the bottom of the page I added my name and the slide number.
I am really happy with how this turned out. I like how the colours link to my website and how professional and simple everything looks. I tried to limit the amount of text and focus more on the sketches which ended up being very effective. I also made the key words and topics with another colour to make them stand out.
DESIGN BOARD #2:
For my second design board, I included the title of my project and the subtitle which was 'components and functionality'. I added the number of components and the measurements of each part in a list to make it easier for people to read and follow. I added different perspectives of exploded renders and analysed key parts of my table using arrows and close-up pictures.
I think that this turned out really good as it clearly shows many perspectives and has sufficient information throughout.
DESIGN BOARD #3:
This design board included a lot of text but it was inevitable. I tried to keep my sentences as short and to the point as possible when describing my specifications. I tried including them in bullet points but it made it look very informal.
I also added the colour palette used and showed different perspectives of my renderings.
I was worried that the grey background of the renders would not work well, but I ended up really liking it. I like the different perspectives of the renders and I feel like the boards work well together.
I am very pleased with the results and I feel like they represent my work well.



Comments
Post a Comment