Website: Creating the 'About Me' Page

During the lesson we had about developing our own website, we were advised to use 4 questions in order to properly structure our website's biography and keep it short and to the point. Being precise with my wording in the website is a vital factor as a means of creating a flow and not boring the readers.

These were the following questions:

Who are you?

My name is Eleni Demetriadou. I am 18 years old and I was born in Cyprus.

How did you get to be who you are?

Art positively impacted my life. It helped me express myself and stimulated my imagination. It enhanced my problem solving skills and boosted my confidence. Acquiring these skills, shaped me into the person I am today. Being involved in design and technology classes in school opened up my horizons and inevitably led me to look at product design which I felt I could effectively combine with my art skills. 

What are you doing now?

I am currently studying Art and Design at De Montfort International College. I am also working on improving my 2D3D skills, as well as my digital skills. Familiarising myself with software and digital design will be very helpful skills to acquire for next year. I am also focusing on self growth and how to live independently in a foreign country. 

What is your future?

I will be studying product design next year. Hopefully after my studies I will be able to create unique and effective products that can impact the market. 

After briefly answering the four questions, it was time to customize my layout and my text. I really liked the existing layout of the page so I decided to keep it the same. The first step was to remove the brow ink on the top right corner as it didn't match with my theme. I added the lavender colour on the left side and a white background on the right. By clicking on 'change design' and then 'customize design' it allows you to change the colour of the background. I chose to add the white background on the right so my text can have a clear canvas behind it in order to stand out more. 

 Additionally, I had to replace the picture with my own. I used this specific picture as it has a simple and artistic background. I edited it into black and white so it can match with my theme. Using a smiling picture made the vibe of my page very positive and happy. 

The next step was to add my biography. I edited the text saying 'Our story' and replaced it with 'Eleni's Story'. In the paragraph, I referred to myself in third person as a means of being professional. I used the 4 questions above to form the structure of my biography and keep it as simple and to the point as possible. As usual, I used the font 'DIN Neuzeit Grotesk' in 'Heading 4' and adjusted the size to 16. I use this font throughout my website for my identity to be consistent and for my page to look neat. I wanted the text to be the main focus of the page and be clearly displayed and easy to read.  



The last step was to add a few of my art pieces at the end of the page. I clicked on 'add' and then clicked on 'image' and selected the pictures from my computer in order to upload them. I decided to do that in order to make my page more personal, enabling the viewers to look at some of my previous work, which is not product design related. I believe that this is a great way of promoting and showcasing my skills and work I created as this website will be strictly dedicated to my product design journey. Viewers will be able to look at both my art and my product design work which I hope will intrigue them to continue following  my work through my website and blog. 



Overall, I am very happy with how this section turned out. I kept my biography short and precise. I really like the layout as it reflects the minimalistic theme that I am trying to achieve. The black and white photo as it doesn't interfere with my text or my background colours which is something I wanted to achieve. There is still a lot of room for improvement, however, I believe this is a great start to what will be a fantastic website!

I ended up changing the picture on my website: click here to access it

Comments

Post a Comment