S.M.A.R.T objectives

Smart objectives are a series of questions that are very useful to consider before starting the process of developing your project. This helps you realize if what you are trying to create is achievable and effective.

Smart objectives


Specific- What do I want to create?

I want to design a multi-purpose/ transformative furniture that will be used to conserve space and increase productivity. The primary purpose of my table is for studying and storing some items. The target market will be students, specifically targeting university students, as a means of conserving space in their apartments. Students might not be able to afford a large studio and often end up with small apartments with no space. This product will be designed so that they can save space effectively. 

Additionally, I also want to research and find out more about the work of Heatherwick's studio as their products really inspired my design. I want to research more about the design of planks and how they can be used to transform into different shapes.

Measurable- How will I know that I achieved this?

I will know that I achieved my goal when I have completed design boards of my table with thorough research and explanation to back up my work. I will have my design made on software and different ideas displayed throughout my work. Ergonomics, anthropometrics, materials and aesthetics will be a few of the many factors that I will research and include in my design board.

Achievable- Is it in my power to accomplish it?

It is in my power to accomplish it. I need to set strict deadlines to make sure that I stay focused and on track with my work. I'm going to try my best to produce high quality work. 

Realistic- Can I realistically achieve it?

I do think that my project is possible to achieve within this time period. Being organized and planning everything will definitely help me through out the process. I really like my project and I will work hard to achieve the best results possible. 

Timely- When exactly do I want to accomplish it?

Even though my deadline is on the 9th of December, I would like to have it done by the end of November. This will give me time to reflect on my work and improve it before submitting it. Additionally, in case there is an halt or fault in the process of designing my idea, I need to make sure that I have time to come up with a back up plan. 


References:

http://www.heatherwick.com/

Comments

  1. This is much improved and I have added this to your sign off sheet - just waiting to meet you now...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment