Milanote: Initial Ideas
This is the Milanote I created about my table project idea. I tried to lay out different ideas for the product and carry out research on different aspects of the table before proceeding to develop it further. I have decided to create a multi-purpose/ transformative furniture that will be used to conserve space. My main target market will be students, specifically university students, as they tend to not have enough room in their apartments.
On the middle of the page, I have included a brief description of my idea. This helped me keep my ideas clearer and more organized. The brief description of the idea was made bold so it can stand out from the rest and draw your attention. I tried including different concepts of a multi-purpose table in order to get inspired by the different ways it can fold, unfold or open. I included pictures of pieces made out of planks, as I was inspired by Heatherwick's studio, but I also included different examples I found online of different tables.
I tried focusing more on the images rather than writing things as I wanted to clearly visualise different methods and ideas that I could use to develop my work. However, I did add short titles and some descriptions of my ideas.
On the bottom left corner of my Milanote I included key questions that I have to keep in mind when creating this. Throughout my research, I will include many similar questions that I have to find solutions for. It is important to ask questions throughout the process of designing to ensure that I am on the right track and achieving the best results possible. Additionally, I would also like to interview different students and ask for their opinion on my design. Third party feedback is always helpful and will be included a lot in this project. I also added a few key phrases such as 'simple and effective' and 'conservation of space' to keep reminding myself the primary purpose of my table.
I quickly brainstormed a few materials that can be included in my design by looking at different wood types. Additionally, the top of the table has to be made scratch-proof and to be easily cleaned to avoid frustration of damaging the table. By adding this function, I increase the lifetime of the product, as well as make it easier for the user to work on it without the fear of damaging it.
On the bottom right corner, I included the software I will be using to create my product. This software is called 'sketchUp'. I have been using sketch up for 5 years; therefore, I am quite familiar with it. This will make the process easier and I will be able to create the best results possible.
In the process of my design, I can include research for anthropometrics, ergonomics and materials. I will always consider my innovation, marketability, form and function in order for this to be a successful product design. I will also explore different components to use for my product to work.
In the next blog posts, I will be analysing everything in more depth. This milanote was created to inspire me to generate and develop an idea. The materials included in it are just initial ideas as nothing is finalised yet. Overall, I am happy with my project and I'm excited to start researching and designing my own product.
References used for the images in the milanote:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Solid-Wood-Wall-mounted-Shoe-Stool/dp/B085N4BCNX
http://installationmag.com/hide-n-go-seat/
https://www.godownsize.com/transforming-furniture/
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/126593439500235176/
http://www.arkdesigners.co.uk/501-chairs-that-fold-into-planks-6599.html
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/68257750582476371/
https://scottish-antiques.com/product/mcintosh-tristor-teak-multi-purpose-table/
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/18084835982272131/
https://za.pinterest.com/shaistabbas/sliding-table/

Good work - well researched
ReplyDelete