Final Project: Research of Colour
After researching potential materials I could use for my design, it was time to research the colour for my desk. I decided to look at three colour schemes to see which one will suit my target market and look more aesthetically pleasing.
The
first design I looked at had a striking blue colour throughout. I find this to
be a very bold piece which makes a statement when placed in a space. The
primary purpose of this table is to appeal and stand out. I like how eye
catching it is and how it can act as the main focus in a room.
However,
I do not think that this colour fits my criteria and specific target market. My
target market includes students that will be utilising my product to study and
do everyday tasks. Including bold colours can distract them and they may not be
able to concentrate. Additionally, including bold colours in my design can restrict
the number of potential buyers as it might not blend in with the rest of the
room.
I
discarded this option as it did not fit in with the style of my product and the
specific target market.
This
was the next table I looked at that contained more neutral shades. It had white
colour on the top with a hint of the wood colour on the sides. I really liked
the aesthetics of this table.
It
was very minimalistic and simple, yet very effective. I think that applying
this colour scheme to my own design will be ideal as it is gender neutral and
can blend in with any colours and furniture. The hint of wood on the sides make
it look very natural and modern. It will appeal to a variety of age groups, not
just students, as it is modern and could look nice in any space. White is
considered to be the colour of perfection, something that I want my product to
be associated with.
This
was the last design I looked at. The colour scheme for this product is dark and
consists of black and wood colour. This reminds me of classic, old-styled
tables. I associate this colour palette with wealth and old style vintage
spaces.. I would picture these colours to match better with other vintage
furniture when placed in a living room. I do not consider these colours very
appropriate for my design as the dark colours tend to be tiring to the eye and
will be hard to match with a simple students room. This colour combination
makes me feel like it is suitable for a more mature target market as it looks
more classy.
I
discarded this colour scheme as I do not find it suitable for my design and
target market.
Concluding,
the colours I decided to include in my design will be white and wood. The
colour of plywood is very aesthetically pleasing and light so I would like to
add a touch of the natural colour of the wood. In my development ideas, I will
look at how these two colours could be combined to form a really coherent and
aesthetically pleasing product.
White colour on objects fully reflects and scatters all the visible wavelengths of light, which makes it the brightest colour. Placing a bright object will help make the space more pleasant to work in and motivate the students even more to concentrate.
In
the next blog post, I will add my specifications.
Good work again on the consideration of your colour scheme - very well done
ReplyDelete