Final Project: Measurement Testing
This was the last, yet very important step, before I start designing my own product.
I wanted my table to provide enough space for the user to use it comfortably. I decided to carry out a test in order to clearly visualise how big I want my desk to be.
I taped the desired measurements on my desk to see how many things fit inside.
Ideally, I wanted a laptop and an open textbook to fit next to each other in order for the user to have maximum space to work freely.
The measurements were: Length: 75cm and Height: 60 cm
I found this to be an ideal measurement as the users will not feel cramped using this space. They will be able to fit many books and stationery on it which makes the design very effective.
Additionally, the hinges that will be included will take up a small fraction of that area, so I had to make sure that there will be sufficient space.
I proceeded on sketching out and creating more accurate measurements for my whole design.
These were the measurements I decided to include in my final design. All measurements are in cm.
The next step was to finally create my design on SketchUp.



Good that you have checked measurements and size - very important - might I suggest though that you use a ruler for your technical drawings as this is important that you have clean and well executed drawings for product design
ReplyDelete