Planning my Sequential Images
The research I did behind my sequential image, which is in my previous blog post, really inspired me to create my own project. Both ‘boxing: open hand’ by Eadweard Muybridge and ‘chance meeting’ by Duane Michals, inspired my idea and I wanted to incorporate both their styles into my own unique project.
In the ‘boxing: open hand’ sequential images I really like the fact that there is motion, particularly fighting, and both figures are interacting with one another. In the ‘chance meeting’ sequential images, I find the pictures really strong, especially the one they walk past each other and then they look back. This sparked the idea of my own project.
After looking at both these examples, I decided that my own projects name
will be ‘The Argument’. I wanted to show the steps of an argument from start
till the end and portray how each other feels. People tend to argue for minor
inconveniences or misunderstandings which leads them to forgiving one another really easily. I started noting down the process of
arguing and how it usually ends up. This included:
1. 1. The fight- verbal and sometimes physical
2. 2.Trying to explain what each other feels but disagreeing
3. 3. They leave
4. 4. One of them regrets it and apologizes
5. 5. They make up
This is the sketch I created:
After
sketching the pictures and planning them out, it was time to execute the final
project. I used an iPhone 8plus and used the portrait effect to take the
pictures. I placed my phone horizontally to make sure I have more space to
include the girls.
Conclusion: The
results came out exactly how I wanted them to turn out. The camera angle was
exactly how I wanted it to be so it can show both their body language and their facial expressions. I liked
the contrast between the girls and the background. The last step was to
edit the pictures to make them black and white and align them so they can be
static. It was challenging to keep the
camera still while they had to act out all the images but we managed to do it.
References:
Muybridge, E. (1887) Meisterdrucke, Boxing; open hand [online] Available from: https://www.meisterdrucke.uk/fine-art-prints/Eadweard-Muybridge/115681/Plate-Number-340.-Boxing;-open-hand-(shoes),-1887-(collotype).html (Accessed 07/12/20)
Michals, D. (1970) Museo Reina Sofia, Chance meeting [online] Available from: https://www.museoreinasofia.es/en/collection/artwork/chance-meeting (Accessed 07/12/20)












Again good work on the images and ideas and planning - you have some research but you need more depth and references at the bottom of your post
ReplyDeleteI added my research in the previous blog post :)
Delete